Dr Er joined WKU Physics department as an assistant professor in 2014. He received his B.S. in 2004 from ODTU, Ankara Turkey and his PhD in physics from Old Dominion University under supervision of Prof Dr Hani Elsayed-Ali. After completing his PhD in 2011, he moved to University of California Irvine Chemistry Department where worked as a postdoctoral scholar with Prof Dr Peter Rentzepis. After spending two years at UCI, he accepted another postdoctoral position at Princeton University Chemistry Department to work with Prof Dr Herschel Rabitz.
He has several awards and a patent for his PhD and postdoctoral studies. He has also been appointed as associate professor by Higher Education Institute of Turkey in 2014. His research background includes pulsed laser deposition of quantum dot growth, time resolved x-ray diffraction, nanoscale heat transport in thin films, photodeactivation of pathogenic bacteria and viruses in human blood, optical discrimination of fluorescent proteins by using quantum control techniques, and selective bond breaking of semiconductor surfaces. He has collaborated actively with researchers in several other disciplines of engineering, chemistry, biology, and material science.
- Ali Oguz Er, Jie Chen, Jau Tang, and Peter M. Rentzepis, Coherent Acoustic Wave Oscillations and Melting on Ag(111) Surface by Time Resolved X-Ray Diffraction, Applied Physics Letters 100, 151910-5 (2012)[selected for the May 2012 issue of Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science]
- Jie Chen, Thomas C. Cesario, Runze Li, Ali Oguz Er, and Peter M. Rentzepis, The low photo-inactivation rate of bacteria in human plasma II. Inhibition of methylene blue bleaching in plasma and effective bacterial destruction by the addition of dilute acetic acid to human plasma,Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences 11, 1-8 (2015)
- Ali Oguz Er, Jie Chen, Thomas Cesario, and Peter M. Rentzepis, Inactivation of Bacteria in Plasma,Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences 11, 1700-1704 (2012)
- Ali Oguz Er, Jie Chen, and Peter Rentzepis, Ultrafast Time Resolved X-ray Diffraction, EXAFS and XANES,Journal of Applied Physics 112, 031101-16 (2012) (Featured on Cover Page!!!!) (listed in Top 20 Most Read Articles in the year of 2012)
- Jie Chen,Ivan Tomov, Ali Oguz Er, Peter M. Rentzepis, X-ray Laser Resonator for the Kilo-Electron-Volt Range, Applied Physics Letters 102, 174101-3 (2013)
- Ali Oguz Er, Wei Ren, and Hani Elsayed-Ali, Low temperature epitaxial growth of Ge quantum dot on Si(100)-2x1 by femtosecond laser excitation,Applied Physics Letters 98, 013108-3 (2011)[selected for the February 2011 issue of Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science]
- Ashraf H. Farha, Ali Oguz Er, Yuksel Ufuktepe, Ganapati Myneni, and Hani Elsayed-Ali, Influence of nitrogen background pressure on structure of niobium nitride films grown by pulsed laser deposition, Surface and Coatings Technology 206, 1168-1174 (2011)
- Jie Chen,Ivan Tomov, Ali Oguz Er, Peter M. Rentzepis, Cavity for hard, keV, X-ray Laser, SPIE Newsroom DOI:10.1117/2.1201307.004947
Он стал ждать, когда его компьютер разогреется, и Сьюзан занервничала. Что, если Хейл захочет взглянуть на включенный монитор ТРАНСТЕКСТА. Вообще-то ему это ни к чему, но Сьюзан знала, что его не удовлетворит скороспелая ложь о диагностической программе, над которой машина бьется уже шестнадцать часов.